Prospectus #182 Western Heritage Museum and Lea County Cowboy Hall of Fame
Budget $ 43,055.50
The mission of the Western Heritage Museum and Lea County Cowboy Hall of Fame is to celebrate through learning, the stories and history of the people, culture, and industry of this region by preservation, research, collection and exhibition. As a part of New Mexico Junior College, the Western Heritage Museum and Lea County Cowboy Hall of Fame subscribe to and support the mission, vision, and values of the community college. The 30,000 square foot facility includes:
• A multi-purpose area for events, the display of small temporary exhibitions
• The Lea County Cowboy Hall of Fame exhibit in the Hallway Gallery
• A 140 seat theatre/lecture hall
• A changing exhibition space
• A permanent exhibit of the Llano Estacado, the history of the land and its people
• A court yard for out-door sculpture, and public venues
The LSC is interested in commissioning an artwork that will capture the spirit of this unique region while capturing the viewer’s attention and inviting people into the building.
Kim Crowley from Santa Fe New Mexico was selected to create the art, which was installed in 2008.