We are pleased to present this year's ten state finalists from the 2019 New Mexico Poetry Out Loud Recitation Contest.
New Mexico Poetry Out Loud is made possible by the National Endowment for the Arts and The Poetry Foundation. It is produced and directed in New Mexico by the state arts agency New Mexico Arts, in accordance with our agreement with the Endowment.
- Abeni Kelsey: Arrowhead Park Early College HS, Teacher - Kernie Zimmerman, Reyes Duran
- Abigail Escarzaga: Volcano Vista High School, Teacher - Desiree Montoya (SECOND PLACE)
- Ammerece Michel: Rio Grande Preparatory Institute, Teacher - Ruleen White, Kelly King
- Dustin Poling: Clayton High School, Teacher - Julie Book
- D'Nessa McDaniel: Hip-Hop- Ghazal by Patricia Smith, Calibration Poem
- Mary Nix: NM School for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Teacher - Donelle Bunch
- Michelle Montez: Taos High School, Teacher - Francis Hahn(THIRD PLACE)
- Neil Katzman: Bosque School, Teacher - Kevin Cummins(STATE CHAMPION)
- Raina Bemis: La Cueva High School, Teacher - Rosemary Hood
- Spencer Pennypacker: Carlsbad High School, Teacher - Annette Hardin
- Zoe Sloan Callan: Native American Community Academy, Teacher - Kat Page, Emily Beenen
Neil Katzman, 2019 New Mexico Poetry Out Loud Champion
Phyllis Kennedy, Program Coordinator
Tim Keller Photography