We are pleased to present this year's ten state finalists from the 2018 New Mexico Poetry Out Loud Recitation Contest.
New Mexico Poetry Out Loud is made possible by the National Endowment for the Arts and The Poetry Foundation. It is produced and directed in New Mexico by the state arts agency New Mexico Arts, in accordance with our agreement with the Endowment.
- Amy Lewis: Sophomore, Taos High School. Teacher: Francis Hahn
- Arin Meis: Sophomore, Highland High School. Teacher: Heather McGuire (THIRD PLACE)
- Delia Bradley: Freshman, Public Academy for Performing Arts. Teacher: Joshua Heard
- Destiny Gonzales: Senior, Oñate High School. Teacher: Tim Staley (SECOND PLACE)
- Hannah Binder: Sophomore, Sandia Preparatory School. Teacher: Brian Tregembo
- Lizzy Enos: Sophomore, Bosque School. Teacher: Kevin Cummins
- Micah Wong: Sophomore, Arrowhead Park Early College High School. Teacher: Kernie Zimmerman
- Samantha A. Baca: Junior, Pojoaque Valley High School. Teacher: Joshua Robbins
- Samantha Delap: Senior, La Cueva High School. Teacher: Martha Bedeaux
- Zoe Callan: Freshman, Native American Community Academy. Teacher: Kat Page (STATE CHAMPION)
Zoe Callan, 2018 New Mexico Poetry Out Loud Champion.
Phyllis Kennedy, Program Coordinator.
Tim Keller Photography.