We are pleased to present this year's six state finalists from the 2021 New Mexico Poetry Out Loud Recitation Contest, previously recorded and open to the public broadcast on Zoom.
New Mexico Poetry Out Loud is made possible by the National Endowment for the Arts and The Poetry Foundation. It is produced and directed in New Mexico by the state arts agency New Mexico Arts, in accordance with our agreement with the Endowment.
- Analisa Ibarra: La Cueva High School, Albuquerque, Teacher - Rosemary Hood
- Barbara Akin: Los Lunas High School, Los Lunas, Teacher - Michelle Gammill
- Jenna Tulonen: Volcano Vista High School, Albuquerque, Teacher - Desiree Montoya (SECOND PLACE)
- Michelle Montez: Taos High School, Taos, Teacher - Francis Hahn (THIRD PLACE)
- Vanessa Sosa: Arrowhead Park Early College High School, Las Cruces, Teacher - Kernie Zimmerman
- Zoe Sloan Callan: Native American Community Academy, Albuquerque Teacher - Reed Bobroff (STATE CHAMPION)
Zoe Sloan Callan, 2021 New Mexico Poetry Out Loud Champion
Phyllis Kennedy, Event Coordinator
All recitation videos provided by the students.