We are pleased to present this year's ten state finalists from the 2019 New Mexico Poetry Out Loud Recitation Contest.
New Mexico Poetry Out Loud is made possible by the National Endowment for the Arts and The Poetry Foundation. It is produced and directed in New Mexico by the state arts agency New Mexico Arts, in accordance with our agreement with the Endowment.
- Analisa Ibarra: La Cueva High School, Teacher - Rosemary Hood
- Dustin Poling: Clayton High School, Teacher - Julie Book
- Gabriel Boston - Friedman: New Mexico School for the Arts, Teacher - Denise Hinson
- Lily Sanborn: Taos High School, Teacher - Francis Hahn
- Lizzett Solis: Rio Grande Preparatory Institute, Teacher - Kelly King
- Maysie Kilgore: Public Academy for Performing Arts, Teacher - Justine Judway (SECOND PLACE)
- Simran Grover: Arrowhead Park Medical Academy, Teacher - Reyes Duran (THIRD PLACE)
- Zoe Sloan Callan: Native American Community Academy, Teacher - Reed Bobroff (STATE CHAMPION)
Zoe Sloan Callan, 2020 New Mexico Poetry Out Loud Champion
Jessica Helen Lopez: Event Coordinator and Femcee
Phyllis Kennedy, Program Coordinator
Ashley Turner, Photographer